When speaking with business owners about Google Business View virtual tours they often believe that a Google virtual tour of their business is a nice thing to have but not really essential to their marketing plan.
What I hope to get them to understand is that Google Business tours help to remove the uncertainty about their business as consumers search online. New customers can see that you are legitimate, professional, and well-run and that delivers to them the confidence they need in you.
But it's much more than that. It's how you are now seen.
When you began your business, you probably didn't consider the ROI on the business sign that people would look for on your place of business. I was simply necessary for you to be found by your customers. Without it, they would simply go to the next business that had what you offered. A Google Business tour is no different.
Over 90% of adults are online. Nearly 64% use Google daily. Your Google business listing is often the first impression they'll see of you and simply a map showing where you are says very little about you.
The US Small Business Administration cites the following reasons for having a business sign:
• Signs are the most effective, yet least expensive, form of advertising for the small business.
• A sign is your introduction and handshake with those passing by, identifying your business to existing and potential customers.
• Signs are always on the job for you, advertising 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• People often judge a business by how it looks on the sign.
• Many merchants increase their business measurably just by adding a good sign. Conversely, many have gone out of business because they simply were not identified well, so not enough potential customers knew of their existence. As one sign industry professional put it, “”A business without a sign is a sign of no business.””
• We live in a mobile society. According to the United States Census Bureau, 18% of households relocate each year. As your customers move, you need to replace them by attracting new customers
All of these reasons are just as relevant for your online ‘sign’ as they are for your brick and mortar sign. Actually, even more so, given that your Google listing is most likely the first point of contact consumers will have with your business.
So to answer the question, what problem does a Google business tour solve for my business? In short, it shows potential customers you are a business worth visiting.